Senior Vice President
Senior Vice President – Commercial Management
Wellington Management, Inc. is an established 38-year-old commercial real estate management firm managing a portfolio of 100+ commercial buildings in 24 communities of the Twin Cities Metropolitan area.
The Sr Vice President of Commercial Management oversees the company's property management division, which is responsible for the day-to-day operations of WMI's four-million-square-foot real estate portfolio. The position reports to the Wellington’s CEO and President. This individual in this position works closely and in a collaborative manner with the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Accounting Officer, the Senior Vice President Housing & HR and General Counsel.
This position manages a team of nine property managers/leasing agents, three customer service staff, front desk and two maintenance staff.
- Be an integral part of the budget process by inspecting and reviewing our properties to ensure both operational and capital needs.
- Work with the property managers/leasing agents to include operating and capital expenditures in the budget or highlight issues, expenses, or future challenges created by not budgeting necessary work.
- Attend all internal and external partner meetings.
- Work with property managers/leasing agents to adjust cash flows, time expenditures and operate each of the properties to the approved budget.
- Direct managers/agents to follow up on collections with delinquent tenants.
- Assist managers/agents in adjusting cash flows when necessary and communicating those changes in a timely manner to the Chief Manager and Partners.
- Be instrumental in producing mid-year property letters to Partners.
- Track major projects for the portfolio on an annual basis. Provide summaries to executive staff and managers/agents.
- Provide fiscal support and oversight to managers/agents and senior staff on major tenant improvement and building projects.
- Work with direct reports to provide a positive, collaborative and efficient work environment.
- Provide bi-annual reviews and spot reviews when necessary.
- Provide verbal and written communication as necessary to instruct staff of expectations, new procedures and changes in company policies/operations.
- Be accessible to staff as a resource on difficult discussions with tenants, vendors and others.
- Track and balance work loads of managers/agents taking into account property complexities, tenant count, type, and other factors to ensure efficient operations.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- At least annually, review each property with the manager/agent to ensure property maintenance levels meet company expectations. Ensure managers/agents plan and budget capital improvement projects in a timely manner.
- Visit each property at least annually.
- Set property expectations for the portfolio including:
- Energy efficiency
- Updating building systems (LED lighting, VFD’s, EMS/BMS controls)
- Standards for ordering major pieces of equipment
- Standard inspection periods for roofs, major equipment and building exteriors
- Standard maintenance levels for building systems
- Look for ‘out of the box’ solutions to difficult or unusual operational issues.
- Research new technologies to better operate the properties such as: green energy solutions or alternative building design, i.e. more efficient equipment verses higher insulation value
- Masters degree in Business Administration or other industry-related field or BA with appropriate experience and skills.
- 10+ years of industry-related experience including three years in senior/upper management required.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the commercial real estate industry.
- Thorough understanding of management and financial practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate as a leader
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive professional experience in leadership roles
- Ability to lead, manage, coach, train and develop employees
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Current and Valid MN Real Estate License
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) - Institute of Real Management
- Real Property Administrator (RPA) - Building Owners and Managers Association
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) - National Association of Realtors
This is an on-site position located at Wellington Management’s St. Paul headquarters.
Typical of a corporate office setting, Wellington Management’s company’s office space:
- is designed with an open work space setting and common fluorescent lighting
- includes frequent co-worker interaction and corresponding noise levels
- is subject to inside environmental conditions
- this role is mainly a sedentary role with frequent sitting and occasional walking and/or standing
- this role involves frequent usage of a telephone, PC and standard monitors
- this role has minimal lifting requirements, may require exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Requires minimal business travel:
- some travel will be required locally when needed to visit properties/sites
- may occasionally require travel, all travel must be pre-approved and arrangements made according to Wellington Management’s policies/procedures.
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.