Wellington Management, Inc. is an established 38-year-old real estate management firm managing a portfolio of 100+ commercial buildings and soon over 1,000 units of housing in 24 communities of the Twin Cities Metropolitan area.
Our core business is built around managing property, and we exist to grow the metro that grew us through careful planning, development and project management.
We are seeking to fill a Residential Controller position.
The Residential Controller position at WMI is responsible for supervision of all aspects of the real estate accounting cycle for both our market rate and affordable operating assets, administration of Yardi, managing and assisting with housing compliance practices and documentation, as well as assisting our VP of Housing in organizing and managing complex projects related to the key residential property management functions.
This position requires the capacity to work occasional overtime, especially during the budget and tax seasons.
Supervising and administrating the full real estate accounting cycle, which includes but is not limited to:
- Budgeting and budget presentations
- Expense tracking against the budget
- Monitoring AR and communicating issues with site managers
- Monthly prelim process
- Site-level cash management
- Cash flow forecasting
- Bank reconciliations
- Review and issue financial statements to internal and external stakeholders
- Working with our outside auditors and provide needed information for annual audits
- Assisting our finance and legal teams with questions and projects as needed
- Provide ongoing support to residential property management
In addition, a qualified candidate will be able to:
- Become the primary point of contact for residential Yardi support
- Track and document housing and document compliance, and work with on-site staff to rectify issues and manage timelines
- Collaborate with the VP of Housing to develop and enforce robust policies, procedures, and cost-tracking tools
- Interact with lenders and equity partners on financing issues related to the properties
- Assist with onboarding new properties
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Real Estate, or another related field; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum ten years of progressive residential real estate accounting experience, including market rate and affordable, resulting in a senior financial management role
- Comprehensive knowledge of Yardi, with at least 8 years of experience, including at the administrative level
- Housing compliance and financial reporting experience
- Excellent Excel skill and ability to run an Excel spreadsheet in front of a large group
- Strong written and verbal communication; ability to communicate with internal team at all levels, as well as outside investors and financing partners
- Ability to present and synthesize complex topics to all levels of the organization and to outside stakeholders
- General knowledge of the debt and equity markets, especially as they relate to market rate and affordable housing deal structures
- Proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, and the rest of the Office Suite.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to adequately manage a work calendar
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Curiosity, a genuine interest in learning more
- Strong leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Creative problem solver
This is an on-site position located at Wellington Management’s St. Paul headquarters, with ample free parking. The position may occasionally be required to travel to property sites.
Typical of a corporate office setting, Wellington Management’s office space includes frequent co-worker interaction and corresponding noise levels, and is subject to inside environmental conditions.
- is a standard office work role, which includes frequent sitting and occasional walking and/or standing; stand up desk equipment is available upon request
- involves frequent usage of a telephone, PC and standard monitors
- has minimal lifting requirements
Some positions require local business travel, almost always within 45 minutes of the office, when needed to visit properties/sites.
Wellington Management offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, including performance-based bonus opportunities. A competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k employer contribution is also included. Wellington Management contributes to your continued growth and development by way of educational assistance and costs of joining or belonging to industry related associations.
To apply or to learn more about this opportunity, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.